It doesn’t matter if you’ve shopped online before or not; doing a thorough inspection before making a purchase is still highly important. This article will help you find out all the information you need about the hot swap mechanical keyboard. Also, before buying something online, it’s a good idea to carefully read the pros and cons, benefits, or descriptions to avoid making common mistakes. Our team has investigated what to consider before buying a hot swap mechanical keyboard.
Review of Hot Swap Mechanical Keyboard
1. Keychron C2 Full Size Wired Mechanical Keyboard for Mac, Hot-swappable, …
- Brand: Keychron
- Manufacturer: Keychron
- Color: Hot-swap Gateron G Pro Brown Switch
- Dimensions: Height: 1.49606 Inches Width: 17.12595 Inches Length: 5.1181 Inches Weight: 1.8298367746 Pounds `
- The Keychron C2 is a hot-swappable 104 keys full size white wired mechanical keyboard made for Mac and Windows. Customize per-key typing experience to maximize your productivity on the C2 hot-swappable version without the need to solder.
- With a layout optimized for Mac, the C2 has all necessary multimedia and function keys (Num Lock works with Windows only), while compatible with Windows, and comes with a dedicated Siri or Cortana key. Extra keycaps for both Mac and Windows operating systems are included.
- Designed with reliability in mind, the C2 comes with USB Type-C wired connection with a braid cable, which ensures a constant power supply, and best to fit home and light gaming. Inclined bottom frame and 2 level adjustable feet makes the C2 more comfortable to type.
- The C2 gives the freedom to customize per-key typing experience without soldering. The pre-installed Gateron Brown switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the linear Brown switch with a durable 50 million keystroke lifespan. *The C2’s hot-swappable socket switch is compatible with almost all the MX style 3pin and 5pin mechanical switches on the market (including Gateron, Cherry, Kailh, etc.). SMD-LED compatible switches are the best for showing the backlights.
- Engineered with ABS keycaps allows the charming white LED backlight shine through the legends with a subtle feeling. You can also choose static white backlight mode which will match up with your mood.
2. iLovBee i61 60 Percent Wired Keyboard Mechanical, Hot Swappable Compact …
- Brand: iLovBee
- Manufacturer: iLovBee
- Color: White
- Hot Swappable Red Switches: iLovBee 60 percent keyboard also belongs to a relatively silent gaming keyboard which have linear and quiet mechanical switch. All keys non-conflict. Convenient to carry around for Gamer and Typist, save more space to your desktop
- Wired better than Wireless: Wired keyboards are far more responsive than Wireless/Bluetooth keyboard. Ultra-Compact keyboard with USB C cable can connect multiple devices. High Speed and More stable transmission
- Pro Software & Mini Size: Adjust the breathing speed and brightness of RGB backlit according to your preference. Customize multiple RGB lighting effects and macro keys via a newly developed driver. bit.ly/ilovbee
- RGB Ultimate Vision Enjoyment: Built-in solid color backlight mode, multiple lighting effects, full color backlight. There is always a model that is perfect for gaming, home and learning needs
- Widely Compatibility & Guarantee: i61 USB wired mechanical gaming keyboard compatible with Windows / MacOS / Android. Within one month, you can also return or exchange for free. Please refer to the instruction manual for specific key operation
3. CIY X77 Hot-Swappable Mechanical Keyboard/RGB Gaming Keyboard/USB C/Anti Ghosting/N-Key Rollover/Compact …
- Brand: CIY
- Manufacturer: CIY
- Color: White and Red switch
- Dimensions: Height: 2.1653543285 Inches Width: 7.2834645595 Inches Length: 15.9448818735 Inches
- ⌨️【Hot Swap Mechanical PCB】The TKL keyboard can be hot swapped at wish and replaced by all of MX-similar mechanical switches freely（including Gateron, Cherry, etc.）, supporting hot swap of 3-pin/5-pin switches.
- ⌨️Magnetic adsorption upper cover-It is very convenient for you to clean up the debris that enters the keyboard and maintain a clean and tidy gaming environment
- ⌨️Dynamic RGB Backlight – 15 preset backlight modes available on board. 5 brightness and flowing speed levels adjustable. Gorgeous color schemes and reactive effects.
- ⌨️Full key rollover Anti-ghosting+Full Keys Programmable-Powerful chip enables highly customized RGB lighting and functions
- ⌨️Professional Software Supports – Remap keypress combinations, assign macros, and customize RGB lighting effect with the powerful CIY drive. The keyboard is compatible with win7,win8,win10, iOS, and MAC system.
4. Glorious Custom Gaming Keyboard – GMMK 100% Percent Full Size …
- Brand: Glorious PC Gaming Race
- Manufacturer: Glorious PC Gaming Race
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 1.4 Inches Width: 5.1 Inches Length: 17.32 Inches Weight: 2.1 Pounds `
- Fully Modular Keyboard: As the first Hot Swap RGB gaming keyboard, GMMK features hot swap switch sockets so you can plug in and out switches as your DIY preference. No need to solder for hours. Featuring per key 16.8 million RGB, fully customizable with our GMMK Software, and major RGB patterns can be set from the keyboard hotkeys directly without software.
- Compatible Mechanical Switches: GMMK is compatible with a wide range of 3-pin plate mounted Mechanical switches. You can use linear, clicky or tactile switch to make a quiet office setup as well as your gaming setup. The barebones keyboard is compatible with backlit RGB SMD LED compatible switches like most Cherry, Gateron and Kailh Switches so transparent keycaps legends become extra bright full of RGB and easy to read. You can swap any 3 pin Mechanical clicky, linear, or tactile switches with this board.
- OEM Layout: A standard ANSI layout with standard sized bottom row makes GMMK widely compatible with 3rd party standard keycaps available in the current marketplace – with brands like Keychron, Akko, RK Royal Kludge, Epomaker, etc and with a wide range of colors like white, black or pink keycaps make the RGB keyboard pop out. The full aluminum metal top plate and ABS plastic bottom plate make the build perfect for fine sound tuning – be it clacky or thocky.
- Superior Ergonomics and Compatibility: With the in built stand, angle of the keyboard can be changed to match a more ergonomic typing experience. This keyboard kit is compatible with OEM sculpted keycaps so your fingers and hand joints can preserve the jelly like substance and do not become stiff over time. GMK Keyboard is compatible with a wide range of operating systems like Windows, Mac and keyboard supported consoles (PS4 PS5 XBOX).
- Warranty: GMMK has a free and included 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty. That being said, within 30 days of delivery you can reach out to Amazon for their 30 day return policy. If you are outside this time, you can reach out to us.
5. RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK87 80% Mechanical Keyboard with USB Hub, …
- Brand: RK ROYAL KLUDGE
- Manufacturer: RK ROYAL KLUDGE
- Color: White
- 【3 Modes & USB Hub】 With 2.4Ghz wireless, Bluetooth, and USB wired 3 modes connection, this is a wireless gaming keyboard that no longer limits how you can connect. What’s more, in Bluetooth mode, you can connect up to 3 devices. Compatible with Windows/ MacOS/ Android.
- 【2 Detachable Frames】The TKL gaming keyboard includes two detachable frames that allow your RK87 to come in 3 modes including 2 floating style modes and 1 embedded style mode.
- 【Hot Swap Mechanical Switches】The 80 percent keyboard can be hot swapped at wish and replaced by all of MX-similar mechanical switches freely（including Gateron, Cherry, etc.）, supporting hot swap of 3-pin/5-pin switches.
- 【Professional Driver Support】This Bluetooth mechanical keyboard is attached with a newly-developed driver that you can customize the RK keyboard lighting modes, macro keys and using scenarios. bit.ly/RKRGBSOFT
- 【RGB Backlit】This compact mechanical keyboard 80% percent has 18 RGB Backlight Modes, 8 monochrome Backlight Modes and 1 full Color Backlight. These light modes can provide you a charming gaming environment at night.
6. RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84 RGB 75% Triple Mode BT5.0/2.4G/USB-C Hot …
- Brand: RK ROYAL KLUDGE
- Manufacturer: RK ROYAL KLUDGE
- Color: White
- That is THREE MODES: Believe it or not, this is the first generation of RGB three-mode wireless keyboards on the market. Wireless mode with stable bluetooth 5.0, hassle-free 2.4Ghz dongle plus USB-C wired mode set no limits about your keyboard connection.
- 84 Keys, Redefine TKL: The innovative 75% unique layout differs from traditional TKL keyboards, which cuts more clumsy space off while supporting the same functionality as practical arrow, multimedia and control keys.
- Hot-swappable – Hot-swap PCB allows you to replace 3 pins/5 pins switches freely without soldering issue. Enjoy the fun of making your own unique keyboard.
- High-capacity Battery – This keyboard is week-durable to 200 hours with nonstop using under backlight off status, fully charged requires only 6-7 hours
- Hub Design – This wireless mechanical keyboard is armed with 2 built-in USB pass-through ports and 1 Type-C Port, allowing to back up more facilities
7. 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Grey&White Gaming Keyboard with Hot Swappable …
- Brand: Camiysn
- Manufacturer: Camiysn
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 1.53543 Inches Width: 3.97637 Inches Length: 11.45667 Inches Weight: 1.1464037624 Pounds `
- ✅ [ N-Key Rollover ] All keys non-conflict. This mechanical gaming keyboards allows multiple keys to work simultaneously with high speed. Let you enjoy high-grade games with fast response
- ✅ [Hot Swappable Linear Red Switches ] Quiet click sound, fast action with small resistance without a tactile bump feel, gamers often prefer Red switches because they are not as springy, and easier to push down faster
- ✅ [ 61 Keys Compact with Powder Blue Light ] Small size with 61 keys, save more space for your desk. And this mini gaming keyboard have 19 powder blue light effects to choose
- ✅ [ Detachable Type-C Cable ] Plugging the keyboard in works straight away without any software installed, you can use it as easy as plug and play. And this USB port wired gaming keyboard is wide compatibilty, it adapt to Win98 / 2000/ 7 / 8 / 10 / XP / Vista / ME / MAC
- ✅ [ Ergonomic & Durable ] Smooth lines, comfortable feeling and reduce your hand fatigue. Two-Color injection keycaps make this keyboard more durable and lasting
8. Womier K66 60% Mechanical Keyboard, Hot Swappable Tyce-C Wired RGB …
- Brand: Womier
- Manufacturer: RGB Ducky
- Color: Red Switch,White
- 【Womier K66 Compact Mechanical Keyboard+ Type-C cable USB3.1】Gateron Switch esports level mechanical keyboard switch, Anti Ghosting, ALL 66 keys are conflict free n-Key Rollover for ultimate Gaming performance.Detachable USB Type-C cable USB3.1, data transfer speed up to 40Gbps.
- 【HOT-Swappable Gaming Keyboard-Portable Mini Gaming Keyboard】Hot swappable Gateron Switch esports level mechanical switch, to meet the player’s hand. Compatible With 3/5 Pin Switch.Compact, portable and easy to use, increase the independent direction key control. Ergonomic design, no feel fatigue after long term use.
- 【PMMA Acrylic Material White Mechanical Keyboard】PMMA acrylic casting body, implicit and publicity. Glaze appearance, at the same time increase the surface of atomization treatment, more even light transmission.
- 【Amazing RGB Gaming Keyboard + Drive Free Setting】This TKL keyboard has partitioned RGB modes with main keyboard RGB and around light RGB, showing different backlight effects and waves, double the playability. personality adjustment their favorite color.6 themed lighting effects, a total of 18 cool lighting effects you can customize the lighting effects as you want, much more than simple colors and breathing effects. Plug and play, drive free setting, FN adjustment light effect.
- 【Keyboard Compatibility & Reliable Service】 This keyboard compatible with Windows / MacOS. ►Please note◄ that when the keyboard is connected to the MacOS system for the first time, the keyboard light may flicker, and you need to download the keyboard system update software for debugging. The operation is very simple. The keyboard has no quality problems.Pls feel free to contact us when you meet any problem, Please feel free to contact us, we will provide you with a satisfactory solution.
9. LTC NB681 Nimbleback Wired 65% Mechanical Keyboard, RGB Backlit Ultra-Compact …
- Brand: LTC
- Manufacturer: LTC
- Color: White
- Compact but Practical 65% Layout – Ultra-compact design with 68 keys portable layout. Geared with the practical arrow, navigation, and control keys, it well balanced the characteristic of functional and space-saving.
- Hot-swappable Quiet Red – Hot-swap PCB allows you to replace 3 pins/5 pins switches freely，compatible with any MX-style switch (brands like Gateron and Kailh, etc.). Equipped with linear red switch without tactile bump. A favorite for nimble gamers who require swift reactions with minimal resistance or those seeking for quiet typing experience.
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports and Type C Wired Connection – 2 built-in USB passthrough ports allow you to connect more periphery devices such as mouse and flash disk directly into the keyboard for easy access and faster productivity. You can also use it as charging ports for cell phones and accessories. The type C wired connection method guarantees a high speed and stable data transmission.
- Dynamic RGB Backlight – 18 preset backlight modes available on board. 5 brightness and flowing speed levels adjustable. Gorgeous color schemes and reactive effects.
- Professional Software Supports – Remap keypress combinations, assign macros, and customize RGB lighting effect with the powerful LTC drive. The keyboard is compatible with win7,win8,win10, iOS, and MAC system.
10. Keychron K2 75% Layout 84 Keys Hot-swappable Bluetooth Wireless/USB Wired …
- Brand: Keychron
- Manufacturer: Keychron
- Color: Hot-swap Gateron G Pro Red Switch
- Dimensions: Weight: 0.00220462262 Pounds `
- Keychron K2, a 75% layout 84 keys hot-swap white LED backlight wireless mechanical keyboard giving you all the keys and function you need while keeping it compact. And let you personalize per-key typing experience without soldering, just pop them in and it’s done.
- With a unique Mac layout while compatible with Windows, the Keychron K2 has all essential multimedia and function keys you need. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via the reliable Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset and switch among them easily for multitasking needs. The K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- The K2 gives the freedom to customize your typing experience with its hot-swappable PCB. With the pre-installed Gateron G Pro Mechanical Red switch providing unrivaled linear responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. The K2 has charming white LED backlight with double-shot ABS keycaps legends that sync with your mood; available in static white or flashing light mode.
The Best hot swap mechanical keyboard Buying Guide
Do you feel worried out when you think about buying for a high-quality hot swap mechanical keyboard? Do you find that you can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong? We understand since we’ve already gone through the process of researching hot swap mechanical keyboard, which is why we’ve compiled a thorough list of the best hot swap mechanical keyboard on the market right now. In addition to this, we have compiled a list of questions that you most likely have in your mind.
Even though we have presented our own advice and recommendations, it is essential that you perform your own extensive research before purchasing a hot swap mechanical keyboard. The following are some possible questions you may have:
- Is it worthwhile to purchase a hot swap mechanical keyboard?
- What are the advantages of purchasing a hot swap mechanical keyboard?
- What criteria should be considered when looking for an effective hot swap mechanical keyboard?
- Why is it important to spend money on a product, let alone the best hot swap mechanical keyboard?
- Which hot swap mechanical keyboard is the best on the market right now?
- Where else can you find this kind of information about a hot swap mechanical keyboard?
Your questions concerning the above hot swap mechanical keyboard go much beyond what we’ve mentioned here, therefore we recommend that you seek out further information from a variety of reputable online sources in order to satisfy your curiosity.
Buying guides, review websites, word-of-mouth reviews, online forums, and product reviews are all possible sources. To ensure you find the best hot swap mechanical keyboard, conduct extensive and thorough research. Do not use anything other than reputable websites and sources when doing your research.
Newcommreview offers a hot swap mechanical keyboard buying guide, and the information is totally unbiased and genuine. We use both AI and “big data” to check over the information we’ve collected. How did we create this buying guide? We did it with a set of custom-made algorithms that let us come up with a top 10 list of the best available hot swap mechanical keyboard on the market right now.
The technology we use to make our list depends on a number of things, such as, but not limited to:
1. Brand Value: Every brand of hot swap mechanical keyboard has its own value. Most brands have something called a “unique selling proposition” that is supposed to set them apart from their competitors.
2. Features: In Straight Talk, what special features are important for a hot swap mechanical keyboard?
3. Specifications: Product specifications are blueprints that explain clearly what the hot swap mechanical keyboard will be, how it will appear, and what it will do.
4. Product Value: This is just how much bang for your buck your hot swap mechanical keyboard gives you.
5. Customer Ratings: Number rating is an accurate way to grade a hot swap mechanical keyboard.
6. Customer reviews: These writings are similar to ratings in that they give you first-hand and in-depth information about the hot swap mechanical keyboard from people who have used it.
7. Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for; sometimes you get less and sometimes you get more.
8. Product Reliability: The strength and durability of a hot swap mechanical keyboard should tell you how long it will last for you.
Newcommreview constantly bear in mind that keeping hot swap mechanical keyboard information up to date is a major concern. This is why we constantly update our website. You may learn more about us on the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all mechanical keyboard hot-swappable?
No, not all mechanical keyboards are hot-swappable. Some manufacturers make keyboards with hot-swappable switches, while others do not. If you’re looking for a hot-swappable keyboard, be sure to check the product description or specs before purchasing.
How do I make my mechanical keyboard hot-swappable?
Hot-swapping allows you to change out mechanical keyboard switches without soldering or desoldering. This can be useful if you want to change the feel of your keyboard on the fly, or if you need to replace a damaged switch.
To make your keyboard hot-swappable, you will need to purchase a hot-swap PCB. This PCB will have sockets for each switch, into which you can simply insert and remove the switches as needed.
Some PCBs also come with a switch tester, which can be handy for trying out different switches to see what you like best. Simply insert the switches into the tester, and then press the keys to see how they feel.
Once you’ve decided on the switches you want to use, simply insert them into the sockets on the PCB. You may need to use a bit of force to get them all the way in, but be careful not to damage the sockets.
How many times can you hot swap a keyboard?
There’s no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on the make and model of the keyboard, as well as how well it’s made. However, as a general rule of thumb, you should be able to hot swap a keyboard around 10-20 times before it starts to show signs of wear and tear. After that, it’s probably best to replace the keyboard altogether.
How do you hotswap?
A hot swap is a process where you can replace a component of a system while it is still running. This is usually done with computer components, but can also be done with other devices.
To hot swap a component, you first need to identify the component that you want to replace. Once you have identified the component, you need to find a replacement for it. Once you have found a replacement, you need to remove the old component and install the new one.
The hot swap process can be used to replace a variety of components, including hard drives, optical drives, and even memory modules. Hot swapping is a convenient way to upgrade or replace a component without having to shut down the entire system.
Are Cherry switches hot-swappable?
Yes, Cherry switches are hot-swappable. This means that they can be removed and replaced without having to solder or desolder them. This is a great feature for those who want to customize their keyboards, or for those who need to replace a damaged switch.
Is Ducky keyboard hotswap?
Ducky is a brand of mechanical keyboard that is known for its quality craftsmanship and innovative design. The company offers a variety of models that cater to different needs and preferences, and one of its most popular features is the ability to hotswap the keycaps. This means that users can easily remove and replace the keycaps without having to soldering or desoldering them, which makes it a great option for those who want to customize their keyboard.
Do hotswap keyboards need soldering?
No, hotswap keyboards do not need soldering. This is because hotswap keyboards have a PCB (printed circuit board) that is designed to be plugged in and unplugged without the need for soldering. This makes hotswap keyboards much easier to replace and repair than traditional keyboards that require soldering.
To wrap things up
We hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post about our hot swap mechanical keyboard recommendations. With that being said, we would love to hear from you. If you enjoyed what you read, please let us know. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you for reading and we hope to hear back from you!